Already have a Username/Password for Voices: A World Forum for Music Therapy? Log in and start your submission from your author centre. (When logged in you will find your author centre by clicking User home. If you cannot find your author centre there, check your profile and make sure you have ticked the author role)
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- The DOI identifier is provided with cited references in the list of references where available and a copy of the list of references is pasted into the box called "References" in step 3 of the submission.
Tips. You can retrieve the DOIs for all items in your list of references that has a DOI assigned by using the service at http://www.crossref.org/SimpleTextQuery/ (free registration required).
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The manuscript is prepared according to an appropriate style and genre (Section policies).
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review) have been followed.
- The manuscript is not a revision / resubmission of an existing submission to Voices.
If it is a revision/resubmission, please look up the original submission in your author centre (user home> author). Click on the original submission and choose the Review tab. Upload the revised/resubmitted manuscript in the Editor Decision section at the bottom of that page.
When uploading a revision please remember to notify the editor: Click on the the envelope icon called Notify the editor to create an e-mail . Please include a description on how you have responded to the comments from the reviewers and the editor in the e-mail.
- As author, you retain copyright to your work. The author/s grant the journal the right of first publication and a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use, copy, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, display and distribute the accepted material in all, now known or in the future developed, forms and media.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.